Tuesday, May 8, 2012

Oops...Sorry

Oops....I got busy and have forgotten to update in a while. 

Recap:  Turned 50 last week.  Went to a Pub and participated in a trivia contest.  Worked and continue to work on wrapping up the school year.  Gamed a little bit.

Speaking of games, last Friday I ran Boot Hill for a second time.  However, because of the high demand every free moment, I didn't get to prep until literally the few hours before hand.  I had forgotten most of the rules and I needed to remember the rules because I had to teach 2 people how to play.  So, long story short, I made up stuff as I went along and we all had a pretty good time.  The characters were hired by the town of Brimstone to be city marshals to restore law & order when the town boomed because of a silver mine hitting big in the hills and the railroad deciding to come through town.  The "module" I used was from an old Dragon magazine and it had a great table for rolling up random "offenses" for the marshals to handle.  They dealt with a disturbing the peace, a manslaughter case, and a bank robbery.  Next time (whenever that is), we'll have a follow-up on one of the robbers that got away and have the circuit judge come through town. 

This coming Friday, I'm running a group through Matt Finch's Tomb of the Iron God using Searchers of the Unknown.  I did some more research on the rules and found a compendium which applied the rules to all sorts of genres.  I also found a really nice character sheet which explains the game well also.  Looking forward to more door removal and gonzo gaming.

Well, still have a stack of labs and tests to grade.  More later.

2 comments:

Flambeaux said...

Belated birthday salutations, Steve.

Looking forward to seeing you at NTRPG Con.

So how did Friday night's game go?

Balrog62 said...

Thanks, Chris! The game went well. Post coming soon!