Monday, March 5, 2012

Lost link about Megadungeons

Grrr.....Okay, I read a really interesting blog post a couple of days ago but I can't find it now.  It's not one of the usual ones I follow, apparently, because the post is not in my Google Reader.  So, it must be linked from a post of one of the bloggers I follow....but who?

The gist of the post was "take a sheet of graph paper and mark out a 26 x 26 grid, listing A through Z down one side and 1 through 16 across the top.  Then take another sheet of graph paper and mark out 30 x 30 squares.  Each square represents 10' x 10', and matches the One Page Dungeon design.  Label this sheet as M-13....which corresponds to square M-13 in the 26 x 26 matrix.  This gives you the seed for a megadungeon which is 1.5 miles on a side....and that's just one level....."

I think I'm going to use this for a dungeon in the Plain of Cairns in the City State of the Invincible Overlord map in the Wilderlands......

No comments: